After about six month of development TV-Browser for Android can be released as stable version today. All important functions are now available and stable working. You may experience slow performance with the enabled program table, so if you don't need the program table it is recommended to disable it. This only means that the next version can be optimized to work even better.
For the next version also expect to see plugin support, which leads to a wide variety of possible extensions that can be developed by others, like maybe switching your TV to a certain channel. Also better filter possibilities are targeted for the next version. If you want to follow the development, you can register as beta tester, after being accepted you can activate yourself as beta tester for the TV-Browser app. But before progressing with the development I need a short vacation, so don't expect to get beta versions soon.
For all critics out there, if you are rating the app with 1 to 3 stars, I would appreciate if you would also comment why you are rating so. Without proper explanation I'm unable to address the problems that are leading to your bad view of the app. But if you comment something like "Cannot watch TV with it", be sure that I won't address such a problem, because it's like criticizing "Cannot eat soup with a fork".To the download of TV-Browser for Android.
Not only the Android version is currently developed, the development of the desktop version also goes on.
TV-Browser 3.3.3 fixes bugs of the previous version and brings a lot of small improvements. So expect better stability and better user experience with TV-Browser 3.3.3.
A list with all changes can be found hereTo the download page.
From now on you can install the Android App of TV-Browser at Google Play.
If your using an older version than RC2 you should deinstall it before installing the update.
TV-Browser for Android RC2 speeds up the data update, so much that I had to release it today.
TV-Browser for Android is now available as release candidate 1. It brings many improvements over the first beta version. You can now download all data and pictures (but be patient, it will prolong the download), search for repetitions and configure much more than before.
With the RC1 the new website for TV-Browser for Android also goes online, you will find all needed informations about TV-Browser for Android there. Unfortunately this system change causes all existing user accounts to be incompatible. So you will have to register again to get the synchronization of channels and favorites working again.
You will get the new versions of the app from now on at the new download page
All is new for TV-Browser. TV-Browser 3.3.1 fixes problems of the previous version and ships with a better mouse action support. Now it will be possible to add more mouse actions to get quick access to needed functions. You should now be able to start TV-Browser with Java 6 under Windows again.
A list with all changes can be found here.
Also new is our webpage. We end the use of Joomla and switch over to the handier GetSimple CMS. We made the new website look at most like our old page, so you will have no problems to find anything. If you find any problem with the new website please post at our message board.
Happy birthday TV-Browser is now 10 years old. We have opened a thread for all of you who want to thank us for our work. Feel free to post in English in the German section of the TV-Browser message board.
If you have problems with the start of TV-Browser under Windows with the new Java update you can read here what to do against it.
TV-Browser brings new languages with version 3.3. Added were Croatian and Greek. Since TV-Browser 3.3 it is possible to install additional languages in the settings of TV-Browser.
Date separators were added for better orientation in the program lists of the plugins. Bugs of the previous version were fixed and the third party libraries were updated. This can cause older plugins to cease function. Updates are available for plugins that are provided by the TV-Browser team.
The list with the changes can be found here.